[j-nsp] Counter on subinterface on EX

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon May 11 06:07:31 EDT 2015

Le 11/05/15 11:49, Mark Tinka a écrit :

> Juniper have never really had a proper router that comes in a switch
> form-factor. We are evaluating the ACX5000 platform for this, and it
> looks very promising; but its use of off-the-shelf silicon is getting in
> the way. The EX (certainly the 1U switches) are terrible routers; I
> can't speak to the capability of the big EX chassis', never tested them.

Speaking about EX4550

I think  they are OK for basic routing.
In my use case (l3vpn, and customers demarcation) results are mixed.
They worked, they are stable but :

Remaining problems are :
- l2vpn mess (I ve found a working config, but what a pain)
- no-auto export, local leaking not working
- and no statistics for subif

That say, despite theirs limitations, I think they have a really good
value for money. I just not correctly identify them when I bought them...

(if only I had a better budget and more time :)

--
Raphael Mazelier