[j-nsp] Distributed PPM and LACP always goes into Queue 3. host-outbound-traffic knob has no effect -- bug?

Serge Vautour sergevautour at yahoo.ca
Thu May 21 15:13:01 EDT 2015

Hello,
Yes I've seen and confirmed this behavior a while back as well. If you ask I'm sure you'll be told this is not a bug and would require a feature request to change. See:
http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/reference/general/hw-cos-default-re-queues-reference-cos-config-guide.html
"For all protocol packets sent to queue 3 over a VLAN-taggedinterface, the software sets the 802.1p bits to 110. However, whenprotocol packets such as BFD are handled by the Packet ForwardingEngine, the software sets the 802.1p bits to 000."
As you can see on top of putting all packets in queue 3, the pbits aren't even marked correctly :(
Serge