[j-nsp] Quick way to Shift MPLS traffic away from an interface

Ivan Ivanov ivanov.ivan at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:21:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

I assume that you are talking for RSVP signaled LSPs.

clear mpls optimize aggressive-optimize - will work only on the ingress PE.
There are some scripts that you can use to find out what LSPs are
transiting particular interface - like this one script
<http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Show-lsp-interface.slax>.

You can use clear rsvp session to force all transit LSPs to reoptimze after
you increase the metric on the router you want to steer the traffic away.
This could cause some traffic loss, but you don't need to go on every
ingress PE to run clear mpls optimize. You can try to script it and run it
on all PEs.

Ivan,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Dave Bell <me at geordish.org> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> If you are using LDP then traffic will automatically switch to follow the
> IGP. No clearing of LSPs required.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> On 21 May 2015 18:49, "tim tiriche" <tim.tiriche at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > What is the quick way to shift LSP traffic from an interface after
> > increasing the igp metric?
> >
> > question:
> >
> > - What command can I use to find all lsp traversing the iface and a good
> > way to clear them? I am assuming I would need to run clear mpls
> > optimize-aggressive on the lsp's on that particular router only? Is my
> > understanding correct?
> >
> > - Is it a good idea to turn on optimize-aggressive?
> >
> > Any best practices or pointers would be appreciated!
> >
> > -Tim

Best Regards!

Ivan Ivanov