[j-nsp] LACP on mixed virtual chassis QFX5100/EX4300

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Wed Nov 4 13:28:23 EST 2015

Hi,

Am 03.11.2015 um 23:23 schrieb ThienDuc Nguyen:
> I was trying to create a LACP bundle between two ports : one on a EX4300,
> the other on a QFX5100.
> Both link have their speed negotiated at 1GE (but the interface name on the
> QFX is xe-, I can't force it to ge-, and their are no way to force the
> speed on the QFX).
> if I set the lacp speed to 1ge, the configuration can't commit because it
> sees the QFX interface as a 10G interface...
>

> Is their a special knob to activate it, or I need to create LACP on the
> same device family ?  (the version is  14.1X53-D30.3)

 From what you wrote i would suspect that you use a QFX5100 copper version?
If they behave anything like the EX45XX Copper Versions the interfaces will always be xe- regardless of them being only used with 1GE neighbors. Would be funny if the interface name would change when lower speeds are negotiated.

Probably the config parser checks the physical interfaces and finds out that it is a 10G interface on QFX and 1G Interface on EX and will not commit as mixed speed AEs are only supported in later MX code.

I do not know a way around that and do not have copper QFX at hand to check. Probably you will have hit one of these corner case situations that nobody thought about and nobody ever encountered and nobody ever asked about (at least if you ask jtac :))

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister