[j-nsp] LACP on mixed virtual chassis QFX5100/EX4300

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Nov 5 14:15:38 EST 2015

It isn't 10G only. They support 10g/1g/100m but I don't know if they do tri
rate. And when you insert a 1G SFP it enumerates as ge-n/n/n not as xe- --
I have something like a dozen of these in production and a few 1G SFPs so
not just guessing here.

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015, Vincent Clement <vclement.mail at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pretty sure QFX in 10G only, so if you want to achieve that, you'll have
> to use a uplink module to have 10G on 4300 side.
>
> Vincent

> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mloftis at wgops.com');>>:
>
>> I'd take a closer look at show interfaces. When a link is 1gig QFX calls
>> it
>> ge-. So you can have an ex-0/0/1 and a ge-0/0/1 but only one is active as
>> do not believe tri rate SFP+ is supported.
>>
>> On Tuesday, November 3, 2015, ThienDuc Nguyen <thienduc.nguyen at zayo.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','thienduc.nguyen at zayo.com');>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I was trying to create a LACP bundle between two ports : one on a
>> EX4300,
>> > the other on a QFX5100.
>> > Both link have their speed negotiated at 1GE (but the interface name on
>> the
>> > QFX is xe-, I can't force it to ge-, and their are no way to force the
>> > speed on the QFX).
>> > if I set the lacp speed to 1ge, the configuration can't commit because
>> it
>> > sees the QFX interface as a 10G interface...
>> >

>> > Is their a special knob to activate it, or I need to create LACP on the
>> > same device family ?  (the version is  14.1X53-D30.3)
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > *Thien Duc Nguyen*
>> >

>> --
>>
>> "Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its
>> possessors
>> into trouble of all kinds."
>> -- Samuel Butler
>>

> --