[j-nsp] Suggestions on management of dual-RE devices

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Wed Nov 25 09:14:32 EST 2015

Thanks to all those who responded.
master-only is mostly what I wanted!

Rather confusingly, Juniper do specify setting lo0 per RE.
https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.3/topics/task/configuration/routing-engine-dual-initial-configuration.html
But then that document also tells you to run "commit synchronise" from operational mode.
A single loopback address works, and both REs have the same system SSH key, so no warnings if they switch.

This is broadly what I've got now.

groups {
    re0 {
        system {