[j-nsp] Link with errors, how to fast detect ?

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:33:59 EDT 2015

Dear experts,

I currently have a wan link between two MXs that sometimes is experiencing
errors.

I’ve on top of the link OSPF (timer 1/3)  as routing protocol and I’d like
to find out any possible way to exclude the link when errors are in place
and below to the 3 seconds of the OSPF timers.

I’ve analyzed the following:

1)      BFD  with OSPF  but it doesn’t support hold-time (as BGP does), in
order to avoid OSPF flapping and generate higher instability I cannot use it

2)      RPM event based script: probe interval is currently not below of 1
second, hence to detect results with no false positive I need some sampling
and we’re still at 3 seconds or more

Any other possible options ?

OAM ? does it support hold-time ?

Cheers