[j-nsp] Link with errors, how to fast detect ?

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 11:35:27 EDT 2015

Dear James,

You can use LFM to detect errors on the link

Edit protocols oam
ethernet {
    link-fault-management {
        action-profile detect-loss {
            event {
                link-adjacency-loss;
                protocol-down;
            }
            action {
                    syslog;
                    link-down;
                    send-critical-event;
            }
        }
        interface ge-x/x/x {
            apply-action-profile detect-loss
            pdu-interval 50;
            pdu-threshold 3;

however there's no hold-time on LFM to test the link for say 10sec in order to render it usable again so you might need interface hold down timers for stability

set int ge0/0/0/ hold-time up 10000 down 0

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.