[j-nsp] Link with errors, how to fast detect ?

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:40:24 EDT 2015

Dear Adam
Very interesting.

So you suggest to use OAM LFM to detect pkt loss and to put down physical
interface, then to use hold-time to wait the storm is gone and put again up
the interface after some secs/mins.

I'm not so familiar with OAM, how does it works on a metro ethernet link
provided by the carrier? Is it end to end or is stopped at the ME carrier
switch?

Cheers
James