[j-nsp] EX4300 behaviour regarding MVRP

Benjamin Collet bcollet at oxynux.org
Wed Oct 28 09:36:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am currently facing an issue on EX4300 switches; MVRP PDUs don't
include all active VLANs, only those configured on an access interface
or on a trunk with MVRP enabled. VLANs that are exclusively configured
on trunk interfaces with MVRP disabled are not sent to MVRP neighbours.

This behaviour seems to be platform-specific: on EX2200, EX3300 and
EX4200 switches MVRP PDUs include all active VLANs whether they are
configured on a trunk with MVRP enabled or not. It's also consistent
between EX4300 versions (I tested this issue on 13.2X51-D30, 13.2X51-D35
and 14.1X53-D30).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben