[j-nsp] Limit on interfaces in bundle

Michael Hare michael.hare at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 30 08:44:50 EDT 2015

All-

You are correct about ECMP, I encountered this 12+ months ago and forgot that specific details.  Mark said he put the whole AE bundle into per packet mode [on a short LAN hop], which can also cause reordering [not just the LSP] if used incorrectly.

Yes, I've specifically disabled control word.  For us, disabling control word avoid LSP contents being sticky to a single LAG member.  It worked for us, in that it solved a congestion issue carrying a high bandwidth LSP mixed with internet traffic on a two link bundle.  We are 100% Trio forwarding shop and avoid L3 ECMP [LACP only, with links having essentially the same latency characteristics].   YMMV, as I've been strongly reminded.

-Michael