[j-nsp] upgrading a ex4550 VC to 15R1.8 using non-stop-upgrade

Simone Spinelli simone.spinelli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 08:48:27 EDT 2015

Hi all,

few days ago we upgraded a 6 members VC of ex4550 from 12.3R6 to 15R1.8.
using nssu precedure.
We have linjux boxes connected with LACP on different member.
We checked all the requirement listed on:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.2/topics/task/installation/ex-series-software-upgrading-nssu-fixed-virtual-chassis-cli.html

After we started the upgrade , all the LACP links  went down (one by one
depending on the upgraded member), even if linecards were up and running
and connected to the VC.
In the end, everything went back to normal when the master RE came up.
Actually a member was still stuck with all the LACP ports in "detached"
state: after a manual reboot, it went ok.

Did anybody have a similar issue?
Any suggestion for investigation?

Thank you

Simone