[j-nsp] Cheaper way to have 2x100G and 16x10G wire-speed in MX480

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:30:15 EDT 2015

If you want full line rate to the fabric on all ports you can only use 12, but the oversubscription is small. The fabric BW is like 37G for the set of four ports.  If you are sending traffic between two ports on the same PFE it doesn't count and you can get line rate on all 16 ports if your traffic makeup fits and connections are in the right places.

In the OP scenario I assume he is using the 10G for clients and 100G as uplinks so he would run into the limitation.

This was on the 960 I am not sure if the 240 is any different.

Phil