[j-nsp] MS-DPC

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:08:12 EDT 2015

So I found this document (
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/reference/general/mx-series-software-license-features.html)
and searched for "Multiservices DPC" and the following licenses came up:

Table 1: Junos OS Feature License Model Number for MX Series Routers

Licensed Software Feature

Supported Devices

Model Number

Flow monitoring and accounting features using J-Flow service on any Modular
Port Concentrator (MPC) or Multiservices DPC

MX960

S-ACCT-JFLOW-CHASSIS

2000 IKE sessions on Multiservices DPC; Chassis based, limited to 6000 per
Chassis

MX240, MX480, MX960

S-ES-2K

4000 IKE sessions on Multiservices DPC; Chassis based, limited to 6000 per
Chassis

MX240, MX480, MX960

S-ES-4K

Upgrade from 2000 IKE sessions to 4000 IKE sessions on Multiservices DPC;
Chassis based, limited to 6K per Chassis

MX240, MX480, MX960

S-ES-4K-UPG

6000 IKE sessions on Multiservices DPC; Chassis based, limited to 6000 per
Chassis

MX240, MX480, MX960

S-ES-6K

Upgrade from 4000 IKE sessions to 6000 IKE Sessions on Multiservices DPC;
Chassis based, limited to 6000 per Chassis

MX240, MX480, MX960

S-ES-6K-UPG

Subscriber Aware Traffic Direct (per Multiservices DPC)

MX960

S-MX-TD

Subscriber and Application Aware Traffic Direct ( per Multiservices DPC)

MX960

S-MX-TD-APP

Upgrade to Traffic Direct Advanced (per Multiservices DPC)

MX960

S-MX-TD-UPG

Run one instance of the NAT and software on the Multiservices DPC

MX960, MX480, MX240

S-NAT

Run one instance of the SFW and software on the Multiservices DPC

MX960, MX480, MX240

S-SFW

I have the following questions regarding the above licenses:
1. Are any of these licenses not enforced aka included with the card? I
know the MX80 for example has certain licenses that are included, but yet
do now show up in the show licenses command.
2. The IKE session limits seem to start at 2000, and go up to 6000. What
about under 2000?