[j-nsp] MX80 vs MX40?

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:30:14 EDT 2016

My requirement is 10G fiber link terminate on router but in future we
can go with 20G link so should i consider MX80 or MX40 (cost wise
also)

If we buy MX80 so in base model it comes with 4x10G fiber ports right?
or do i need to buy them separately after buying MX80 chassis?

Additionally do i need to buy license separately to activate 10G port?
because in Cisco ASR1000 chassis you need to buy fiber module
extension, plue Activation license.. Very costly..

I have check some website they are also selling refurbished or used
which which in good deal should i think about that because buying to
MX80 for hardware redundancy will almost bankrupt us ;)

what do you suggest?