[j-nsp] QFX10002 as P Router

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Apr 17 06:05:40 EDT 2016

On 17/Apr/16 11:56, Raphael Mazelier wrote:

> Yep me too.
>
> At a much lower price, what do you think of using a qfx5100 as P/LSR
> router ? The mpls support look correct, and it have a lot of 10G ports.

Looking at the notes, it should be fine as a P router, even if you are
running native BGPv6 in the core, since that table is less than 30,000
entries today.

If it can do everything the PTX1000 can do as a P router, I'd go for it.
For those of us that run native BGPv6 in the core, I'd be concerned when
the table gets too big. But short of that, test all the features to
ensure the Q5 chip will do everything you've been accustomed to on the
Trio chip (assuming you have the MX already), and if you're happy, go
for it.

Mark.