[j-nsp] QFX10002 as P Router

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Apr 17 06:43:24 EDT 2016

On 17 April 2016 at 12:56, Raphael Mazelier <raph at futomaki.net> wrote:
> At a much lower price, what do you think of using a qfx5100 as P/LSR router
> ? The mpls support look correct, and it have a lot of 10G ports.

I'm not really clued-up on QFX5k. I know that that TCAM size may be
challenge for stuff like lo0 protection. Control-plane scale may be
challenging if you run BGP. But if you put Internet in VRF and run BGP
free core, both of these are irrelevant.
Very likely QFX5k will cover large percentage of P deployment use-cases.

--
  ++ytti