[j-nsp] Full routes on MX5

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Apr 26 09:31:44 EDT 2016

On 26/Apr/16 15:09, Tim St. Pierre wrote:

> I have one in a very similar configuration, with three full feeds in
> IPv4 and IPv6.
>
> It generally works just fine, but convergence time is slow.  It can
> take two minutes to process the full feed, and if you restart the box,
> it will take even longer.
>
> It's a good machine for a small ISP though.

We use them quite extensively for peering.

They work fine, but are terribly slow.

That said, I think the MX104 feels even slower - I think having to
commit a configuration on multiple RE's just doubly slows things down.

The control planes on both the MX80 and MX104 are the bane of my existence.

Mark.