[j-nsp] Full routes on MX5

Javier Rodriguez rodriguezsotelo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:41:12 EDT 2016

At 96% we allways have the pending routes problem into the FIB on
convergencies.
We deal with one full table on a routing instance and have fill 80% of
memory. On others PE routers 92% of memory is used.
On the providers routers (without BGP) the memory is around 26%.
How can I check the percentage used by BGP routes?

> show chassis routing-engine
Routing Engine status:
    Temperature                 39 degrees C / 102 degrees F
    CPU temperature             55 degrees C / 131 degrees F
    DRAM                      2048 MB (2048 MB installed)
    Memory utilization          80 percent
    CPU utilization:
      User                       7 percent
      Background                 0 percent
      Kernel                     9 percent
      Interrupt                  0 percent
      Idle                      84 percent
    Model                          RE-MX40-T
    Serial ID                      S/N ABBZ8294
    Start time                     2014-10-20 05:44:09 ART
    Uptime                         554 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes, 51
seconds
    Last reboot reason             Router rebooted after a normal shutdown.
    Load averages:                 1 minute   5 minute  15 minute
                                       0.06       0.06       0.02

>show route summary
Autonomous system number: x.x.x
Router ID: x.x.x.x

inet.0: 77 destinations, 102 routes (77 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:      2 routes,      2 active
                OSPF:      1 routes,      1 active
              Static:      1 routes,      1 active
               IS-IS:     72 routes,     47 active
                 LDP:     24 routes,     24 active

inet.3: 24 destinations, 24 routes (24 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
Restart Complete
                 LDP:     24 routes,     24 active

x.inet.0: 585695 destinations, 589141 routes (585695 active, 0 holddown, 0
hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:     13 routes,     13 active
                 BGP: 589125 routes, 585679 active
              Static:      1 routes,      1 active

iso.0: 1 destinations, 1 routes (1 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:      1 routes,      1 active

mpls.0: 39 destinations, 39 routes (39 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
Restart Complete
                MPLS:      4 routes,      4 active
                 LDP:     25 routes,     25 active
                 VPN:      4 routes,      4 active
               L2VPN:      2 routes,      2 active
                VPLS:      4 routes,      4 active

bgp.l3vpn.0: 590603 destinations, 590712 routes (590603 active, 0 holddown,
0 hidden)
Restart Complete
                 BGP: 590712 routes, 590603 active

inet6.0: 27392 destinations, 27392 routes (27392 active, 0 holddown, 0
hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:      4 routes,      4 active
                 BGP:  27361 routes,  27361 active