[j-nsp] LDP flaps specifically present on ACX Juniper routers (ACX4000 and ACX1100)

raf raph at futomaki.net
Thu Apr 28 16:26:02 EDT 2016

Yep the software poller I was using, make a lot of bulk walk on the
entire part of the Mib (I was using observium and it had a so poorly
coded poller).
Other software made more intelligent polling using cache and atomic get
(like cacti).
Anyway even a bad snmp poller should not kill the control plane of a
router/switch.
Junos should have implemented software qos, leaving some cpu time for
critical daemon (rpd, lacpd, etc..) or even better use a real time os
(like some other vendor do)...
The fun thing is that manually nicing the snmpd process help. I wonder
why juniper does do that by default ?

--
Raphael Mazelier