[j-nsp] juniper router reccomendations

Harald F. Karlsen harald at bgp.no
Tue Aug 2 04:12:54 EDT 2016

On 29.07.2016 14:43, Jim Troutman wrote:
> "Turbo FIB" is an internal Juniper name for some speed optimizations in a
> version of the 15.1F6 code base, that only work on 64-bit REs.    The test
> results I saw (a powerpoint presentation) showed a greater than 10% speed
> increase from the previous release for installing prefixes into the FIB
> from RIB.  I don't know if this is a public release yet, I will ask our SE
> team.  I didn't pay close attention because we don't have any 64-bit REs
> yet.
The numbers I heard was around 30% increased install speed to the FIB in
16.1 and long-term target about 10-15x increased install speed from 15.x
on the MX. Please note that these are numbers some SE casually mentioned
(and no details on linecards/REs) so take them with a grain of salt, but
with 15x increased FIB install rate you'll be able to load the full
table to FIB in less than 10 seconds. I got no idea if these numbers
only applies for installing new entries to the FIB or also for
updating/deleting entries as well.

--
Harald