[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS Question MX Platform

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Aug 2 16:50:12 EDT 2016

On 2/Aug/16 22:42, Dean Bolton wrote:

> I know enough about RSVP(-TE) to be dangerous and I can see how I
> could force strict paths for LSPs, etc. but I am not quite
> understanding how I would prevent BGP from using a specific with it.
> Would you care to share an example if you have one?

Easiest way would be to statically point the Loopbacks of each router on
the RSVP path into the RSVP LSP, i.e., you treat the RSVP LSP as you
would any interface.

The 2nd option is IGP Shortcuts:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/concept/mpls-igp-shortcuts-igp-routing-table.html

The 3rd option is IGP & BGP Destinations:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/concept/mpls-igp-destinations-bgp-destinations.html

If this is the first time you're working with RSVP for a production
network, take the static approach given the small size the backbone in
question. Once you get comfortable, you can explore the other 2 options.

Mark.