[j-nsp] 100mbps bandwidth on a logical interface

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 3 07:11:56 EDT 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 09:23, Jonathan Call <lordsith49 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Neither the port nor the switch has any policer/rate limiting policy defined. The port is assigned to one VLAN and that VLAN has nothing defined except a vlan-id. So where does this "Bandwidth: 100mbps" value for the logical interface come from? On all of the other interfaces that value is 0.

I don't think it matters, I think it's only used for SNMP. But for
documentation purposes, may be useful to have them set correctly,
especially if it's subrate port, so that SNMP has idea of maximum
rate.

I would disable pause frames, there is no point for server with
plethora of memory to ask EX4200 with tiny buffers to buffer for it.

--
  ++ytti