[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS Question MX Platform

Dean B jnprlist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:21:46 EDT 2016

Thanks to Alexander, Saku, Mark and others...I have it working in the lab.
I created colored links with all being blue except the high cost path which
I made red.  I then only allow the l2circuit LSP onto the red path.  Then I
used forwarding table export policy to put the BGP traffic into the
appropriate LSP with strict mode:

policy-statement bgp-to-tunnel {
    term node-a {
        from community node-a;
        then {
            install-nexthop strict lsp LSP-B-A;
            accept;
        }
    }
    term node-c {
        from community node-c;
        then {
            install-nexthop strict lsp LSP-B-C;
            accept;
        }
    }
}

Now when the A-C link fails the l2circuit traffic switches over to the LSP
that is allowed on the red colored link and the BGP external transit routes
fall back to routing to reachable upstreams.  Now I just need to check on
what happens to customer prefixes inside our network.

It can't be this easy...so I must be missing something :-)