[j-nsp] NFX - vRR

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Aug 12 03:15:03 EDT 2016

On 12/Aug/16 09:10, Catalin Petrescu wrote:

> hi community,
>
> i'm looking for a platform for RRs. I know all vendors have a KVM image for
> their products but I need an all in solution. so after looking at nfx with
> -32GB ram and support for vMX this looks to me as a perfect fit ( just a
> mini JCS ). I know that's not the intended use case for nfx..cloud vCPE and
> all.
>
> Wondering if anyone has experience with nfx and vMX as a route reflector
> platform. I see on documentation install instructions for vSRX only.
>
> We are a couple of week off from receiving a demo unit.

I think it's a decent use-case.

The NFX is just an x86-based platform, with management software that
makes its case, otherwise you get more bang for you buck by buying an
off-the-shelf server from a regular vendor.

Personally, I'd spend the money on a regular server and run vMX there,
but doing so on an NFX will work just as well.

Mark.