[j-nsp] execute a command in SLAX script which does not have XML RPC equivalent available

Jonathan Looney jonlooney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:08:38 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Martin T <m4rtntns at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, FTP connection is not established. I am aware that this
> command does not have XML RPC equivalent available. However, is there
> some way to still use such commands in SLAX scripts?

Even though the CLI doesn't show an equivalent, there may actually be one.
We discuss this in the first chapter of Automating Junos Administration
<http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920041498.do>.

In this case, does the <request-license-save>
<https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos15.1/information-products/topic-collections/junos-xml-ref-oper/request-license-save.html>
RPC do what you desire?

Jonathan