[j-nsp] execute a command in SLAX script which does not have XML RPC equivalent available

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Tue Aug 16 18:19:36 EDT 2016

Martin T writes:
>I have a SLAX script where I execute "request system license save
>ftp://root:passwd@10.11.12.5" command.

[Background: the UI comes in two pieces.  The CLI process handles
terminal I/O, key-bindings, automore, file transfers, and not much
else.  The real brain resides in MGD, which understands commands,
RPCs, how to parse them and what to do with them.]

The "request system license save" command uses both halves.  MGD
asks CLI to do the transfer, and then MGD does with real work.

SLAX scripts use the API directly, so it cannot perform the
file-transfer.

The fix is to pass a local file name to the "request system license
save" command RPC and then do the transfer explicitly using the
<file-put> RPC.

Thanks,
 Phil