[j-nsp] IPV6 over MPLS

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Aug 30 14:46:11 EDT 2016

On 30 August 2016 at 15:27, Alexander Arseniev <arseniev at btinternet.com> wrote:

Hey,

> If You don't care whether IPv6 packets take RSVP or LDP LSP, then You could
> just enable LDPv6 everywhere (JUNOS 16.1 onwards) and save on rewriting NHs
> from IPv4-mapped IPv6 to proper IPv6.

Obviously this is matter of opinion. But I see this as sentimental
configuration, that somehow edge services should map to core
signalling. To me it's just added complexity cost, which will manifest
itself as reduced availability.

I would decouple edge services from core signalling. I would do 6PE
until the day I forklift into IPv6 only core and do 4PE.

--
  ++ytti