[j-nsp] libcurl for SLAX missing HTTPS/SSL support?

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Sat Dec 10 22:28:52 EST 2016

I was hoping to call an API by HTTPS from a script.  To my surprise,
libcurl on vSRX 15.1X49-D60.7 on AWS doesn't support SSL, and neither
does fetch, etc.

This seems a little ridiculous, especially since the documentation
indicates HTTPS support and provides examples.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/reference/general/junos-script-automation-libslax-curl-extension-library.html

The KB is barren on this topic, too.  I saw that Saku Ytti got Juniper
to correct missing HTTPS for one use-case some years ago, and a 2013
thread with a similar complaint.  What gives?

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>