[j-nsp] MC-LAG reliability

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Thu Dec 22 12:32:30 EST 2016

Hey,

My experience with VirtualChassis with a lot of them (you know where) is
globally positive. In fact I dot not remember when a VC completly fail.
This is not a perfect techno but it do the job for very low cost of setup.

On EX series you have no choice, afaik MC-LAG is not supported (unless
on highend series).

On QFX I would hesitate. My tests are OK.
Running independent switches is more reliable indeed, but even with
automation tool the cost of setup/maintenance is bit higher. (and in my
actual work I have just no time to spend with network config
unfortunately).

--
Raphael Mazelier