[j-nsp] vMX for ESXi

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu Jan 7 08:44:59 EST 2016

> It would seem that vMX is still in the quite early stages.  When I looked
> at it a few months ago, the documentation was lacking lots of details.  In
> the end, I just didn't feel like it was ready for production in the role
> that I wanted to use it in.  The lack of VMWare support at the time was one
> of the main reasons as well.

While I applaud Juniper for continuing to develop vMX, can someone shed some light as to how this type of nonsense gets by the product managers and QA? To their credit, they are responding to issues on their forum and quickly trying to fix them, but how does it even get this far? Are they trying to meet arbitrary release deadlines? Was this meant to be a beta release or an official release?

evt