[j-nsp] MX: mixin family bridge and family inet

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon Jan 25 11:02:40 EST 2016

 ❦ 25 janvier 2016 16:34 +0100, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> :

> Now, I would like to be able to also use L3 subinterfaces on
> xe-2/0/2. So, I added "flexible-vlan-tagging" (but I think this is
> useless) and "encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services"
>
> #v+
> flexible-vlan-tagging;
> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
> unit 0 {
>     encapsulation vlan-bridge; /* Also tried without */
>     family bridge {
>         interface-mode trunk;
>         vlan-id-list [ 200 300 ];
>     }
> }
> unit 100 {
>     vlan-id 100;
>     family inet {
>         unnumbered-address lo0.1;
>     }
> }
> #v-
>
> On xe-2/0/2.100, "monitor traffic interface xe-2/0/2.100" see no packets
> (even while pinging) and the counters for this interface are staying to
> 0. I suppose everything is swallowed by the "family bridge". I can't use
> an irb.X interface as it is not possible to use an unnumbered-address in
> this case.
>
> Googling a bit, I have been unable to see an example mixing a "family
> bridge" with a subinterface. To my understanding,
> "flexible-ethernet-services" should allow me to do that.

Meantime, I have found the following example:
 http://juniper-nsp.puck.nether.narkive.com/GCLqeuIa/j-nsp-juniper-mx-960-using-the-same-ge-port-as-l2-and-l3

So, it matches my configuration. Therefore, I have fiddled a bit around
to find what's wrong. I am using this kind of static route

#v+
static {
    route X.X.255.247/32 {
        qualified-next-hop xe-2/0/2.100 { /* BFD stuff */ };
        qualified-next-hop xe-2/0/3.100 { /* BFD stuff */ };
        no-readvertise;
    }
}
#v-

If I remove either one of the qualified-next-hop, everything starts
working as expected. As soon as there are two qualified-next-hop, no
packets is transmitted on either interface.

Maybe I should ask JTAC for that? JunOS 13.3R8.7.
--
Indent to show the logical structure of a program.