[j-nsp] MX: mixin family bridge and family inet

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon Jan 25 10:34:47 EST 2016

Hey!

Currently, I am using an IRB interface on a MX104:

For example, on xe-2/0/2, I have:

#v+
vlan-tagging;
unit 0 {
    family bridge {
        interface-mode trunk;
        vlan-id-list [ 200 300 ];
    }
}
#v-

I have this bridge domain:

#v+
vlan-200 {
    domain-type bridge;
    vlan-id 200;
    routing-interface irb.2;
}
#v-

And irb.2:

#v+
family inet {
    address 172.22.254.225/28;
}
#v-

Now, I would like to be able to also use L3 subinterfaces on
xe-2/0/2. So, I added "flexible-vlan-tagging" (but I think this is
useless) and "encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services"

#v+
flexible-vlan-tagging;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 0 {
    encapsulation vlan-bridge; /* Also tried without */
    family bridge {
        interface-mode trunk;
        vlan-id-list [ 200 300 ];
    }
}
unit 100 {
    vlan-id 100;
    family inet {
        unnumbered-address lo0.1;
    }
}
#v-

On xe-2/0/2.100, "monitor traffic interface xe-2/0/2.100" see no packets
(even while pinging) and the counters for this interface are staying to
0. I suppose everything is swallowed by the "family bridge". I can't use
an irb.X interface as it is not possible to use an unnumbered-address in
this case.

Googling a bit, I have been unable to see an example mixing a "family
bridge" with a subinterface. To my understanding,
"flexible-ethernet-services" should allow me to do that.

Any idea?

Thanks!
--
Take care to branch the right way on equality.