[j-nsp] MX: mixin family bridge and family inet

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon Jan 25 11:45:25 EST 2016

 ❦ 25 janvier 2016 11:03 -0500, "Tim St. Pierre" <tim at communicatefreely.net> :

> I'm pretty sure you have to add the interfaces to the bridge domains:
>
> vlan-200 {
>     domain-type bridge;
>     vlan-id 200;
>     routing-interface irb.2;
> ++  interface xe-0/0/2.0;
>  }
>
> We use a similar setup on MX, and it works well.

I had some difficulties with this setup. Initially, I think I did like
you suggest, but it wasn't working as expected. Unfortunately, I don't
remember the details. Maybe there was another problem.  However, even
without putting the interface in the bridge domain, the bridge part
works fine (and as you can see in my other mail, the subinterface part
works too).

Thanks for your help!
--
He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his
argument.