[j-nsp] MX: mixin family bridge and family inet

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 25 13:33:52 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 05:45:25PM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 25 janvier 2016 11:03 -0500, "Tim St. Pierre" <tim at communicatefreely.net> :
>
> > I'm pretty sure you have to add the interfaces to the bridge domains:
> >
> > vlan-200 {
> >     domain-type bridge;
> >     vlan-id 200;
> >     routing-interface irb.2;
> > ++  interface xe-0/0/2.0;
> >  }
> >
> > We use a similar setup on MX, and it works well.
>
> I had some difficulties with this setup. Initially, I think I did like
> you suggest, but it wasn't working as expected. Unfortunately, I don't
> remember the details. Maybe there was another problem.  However, even
> without putting the interface in the bridge domain, the bridge part
> works fine (and as you can see in my other mail, the subinterface part
> works too).
>
> Thanks for your help!

There are two ways to do bridge-domains and vlan trunks on MX.  The
old way uses separate units for each VLAN.  The new way uses a single
unit 0 with all vlans in a family bridge.  Try doing it the "old" way,
pre-"family bridge interface-mode trunk".  I don't think you can mix
the two ways.

interfaces
    xe-2/0/2 {
        flexible-vlan-tagging;
	encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
	unit 100 {
	    vlan-id 100;
	    family inet {
	        unnumbered-address lo0.1;