[j-nsp] MX: mixin family bridge and family inet

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon Jan 25 15:27:09 EST 2016

 ❦ 25 janvier 2016 13:33 -0500, Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> :

> There are two ways to do bridge-domains and vlan trunks on MX.  The
> old way uses separate units for each VLAN.  The new way uses a single
> unit 0 with all vlans in a family bridge.  Try doing it the "old" way,
> pre-"family bridge interface-mode trunk".  I don't think you can mix
> the two ways.
>
> interfaces
>     xe-2/0/2 {
>         flexible-vlan-tagging;
> 	encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
> 	unit 100 {
> 	    vlan-id 100;
> 	    family inet {
> 	        unnumbered-address lo0.1;
> 	    }
> 	}
>         unit 200 {
>             encapsulation vlan-bridge;
> 	    vlan-id 200;
>         }
>         unit 300 {
>             encapsulation vlan-bridge;
> 	    vlan-id 300;
>         }
>     }
> }
> bridge-domains {
>     vlan-200 {
>         domain-type bridge;
>         vlan-id 200;
>         routing-interface irb.2;
> 	interface xe-2/0/2.200;
>     }
>     vlan-300 {
>         domain-type bridge;
>         vlan-id 300;
> 	interface xe-2/0/2.300;
>     }
> }

Hi Chuck!

Thanks for your help. When I tried this way previously, it seems that I
did miss the "encapsulation vlan-bridge" part. Adding it makes it work
as expected. I find it more flexible this way.
--
Let the machine do the dirty work.