[j-nsp] MX960 Power Options

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Tue Jan 26 11:21:17 EST 2016

Hi Colton,

Do you already have the MX960 or a similarly configured one?  If so, the easiest thing to do is fire it up and issue “show chassis power”.  It will show you how much power is required for the running configuration and you can then do the math to size your circuits accordingly.  In a perfect world you would have a separate supply breaker for each feed rated for the max pull of the power supply.  However, in a data center environment where you are having to order/pay for power feeds an over-sized feed is just going to cost you a lot of money each month for power you aren’t using.

Kevin