[j-nsp] Anybody have an SRX working with Comcast DHCP v4 and v6?

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 00:24:25 EDT 2016

I attempted to make this work on an SRX210 running 12.1X46-D30 with TWC.  The inherent issue was that Junos will only accept multiples of 16 bit-boundaries as a dhcpv6 client, and /56 (as TWC assigns) is not accepted.

So it’s less about your settings and more about the known PR, assuming that Comcast is delegating a /56 as TWC does.

That known PR doesn’t mean that “prefix delegation is just broken”, it just means that it needs to be able to accept a /56 to operate on a residential cable network.  If they sent you a /48 or a /80, it would just work.  :)