[j-nsp] Rewriting customer DSCP with MPLS EXP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Jul 2 06:10:03 EDT 2016

On 1/Jul/16 18:02, Olivier Benghozi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this thread is more than one year old, but I had a not_that_far need (outbound packet 802.1p field rewrite based on DSCP, instead of internal CoS)...
> Well, I've just seen that the needed feature is only available in (freshly released) (completely radioactive) 16.1 release.
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos16.1/topics/concept/policy-maps-overview-cos.html <https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos16.1/topics/concept/policy-maps-overview-cos.html>
>
> Not exactly similar to the byDCSPclassifying, though.

This feature (Policy Map) is not introduced in 16.1. It was introduce in
14.2.

I know because I requested this feature and was personally responsible
for working with them to introduce it.

We use it, and it works perfectly. We are on 14.2R6.5. I highly
recommend it; far better than Juniper's old-style rewriting on egress.

Mark.