[j-nsp] Rewriting customer DSCP with MPLS EXP

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Sat Jul 2 09:28:15 EDT 2016

Yes, I read your mails :)
But I had the impression that it was advertised to support ingress rewrite in 14.2 (R3), and not egress...
In fact, while it's useable directly on ingress interface only, as firewall filter action it's available both for ingress and egress.

There's mainly a Junidoc mismatch, finally...

In 14.2:
"Beginning with Junos OS Release 14.2R3, there is a packet marking scheme, called policy map, that allows the definition of rewrite rules on a per-customer basis."
 And only documented as a KB article (KB30973).

In 15.1: -nothing-

In 16.1:
 "An alternative packet marking scheme, available starting in Junos OS 16.1, called policy map, enables you to define rewrite rules on a per-customer basis."
And documented in the normal JunOS doc.

Olivier