[j-nsp] vSRX Policy-based VPNs - unsupported platform

Jed Laundry jlaundry at jlaundry.com
Fri Jul 15 03:28:32 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at converting our aged hardware SRX's onto vSRX, but I
seem to have hit a big scary warning when staging config for
policy-based VPNs, see below:

security {
    policies {
        from-zone zone-lab to-zone zone-internet {
            policy policy-test-ipsec {
                match {
                    source-address addr-lab-testbox;
                    destination-address addr-remote-testbox;
                    application any;
                }
                then {
                    permit {
                        ##
                        ## Warning: configuration block ignored:
unsupported platform (vsrx)
                        ##
                        tunnel {
                            ipsec-vpn vpn-remote;
                        }
                    }
                }

This is vSRX 15.1X49-D40.6 on VMware. It's just the trial version, I
haven't bought a licence yet.

I haven't yet been able to test if this does or doesn't work (next
week), but the warning doesn't look good.

Is anyone else using vSRX with policy-based VPNs?

Is there something fundamental that I've missed, or a configuration
tweak necessary to convert 12.1 config to 15.1?

Thanks,
Jed.