[j-nsp] SNMP access to default RI when lo0.0 is inside a VRF

Jason Lixfeld jason-jnsp at lixfeld.ca
Wed Jul 20 12:22:45 EDT 2016

Hi again,

I have an EX9204 running 14.2R4.9.  I’m accessing the box in-band via lo0 which is configured inside a management routing-instance (VRF).  My SNMP management station also lives within the same routing-instance inside the MPLS cloud of which this routing-instance participates.

My understanding is that in order for my management station to have SNMP access to be box, I need to configure the routing-instance inside a SNMP community, however when doing so, SNMP access for some things is limited to the scope of the routing instance only, and I need full visibility to the system from my management station.

Is this possible?

This is sort of where I’m at now:

routing-instances {
    management {
        instance-type vrf;
        interface lo0.0;
        route-distinguisher 21949:21949;
        vrf-export VRF--MANAGEMENT-INTERNAL-EXPORT;
        vrf-target target:21949:21949;
    }
}
community comm {