[j-nsp] juniper router reccomendations

Mike mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com
Wed Jul 27 05:41:14 EDT 2016

On 07/27/2016 12:09 AM, Sachin Rai wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>

> Will it be possible for you to share a bit more information on the
> type of setup you are planning. Will it be a DC, an Office HQ, or for any
>
> ISP.
>
> Reason being is:
>
> 1. You need 10 Gig connectivity with your ISP.
>
> 2. You want full routing tables.
>
> 3. Number of ISPs you are planning to have on this router.
>
> 4. You are planning to have DDOS mitigation in place.
>

> These are the points which will have impact on choosing the correct
> router for you.

Sure.

     Im in a colo in one location (A), and have a private 1G ethernet to
another geographically distant colo (B). Each colo has a different ip
transit provider and I am advertising my own prefixes. At colo A I
receive a subset of Internet routes internal to that provider, while at
colo B I get full tables. Id like to like to exchange routes between
Colo A & B for better routing as well as for failover in the event I
lose ip transit at either location.

     The box I'd like to spec would be at my Colo B location and would
have two ISP connections, with the addition of possibly one additional
full set of routes from elsewhere. Colo B would have 1 10gbps ip transit
port, and 1 1gbps ip transit port, and do some basic DDoS mitigation to
prevent flooding the private 1G to colo A with useless traffic.

Thank you.