[j-nsp] force-64bit

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Wed Jun 1 13:55:36 EDT 2016

Once upon a time, Phil Rosenthal <pr at isprime.com> said:
> Even on systems with many peers, 5+ full tables, and a full IGP mesh, I haven’t seen rpd much over 1GB of ram in use.  64bit rpd would only be beneficial if you have a need for a rpd process using more than 4GB of ram.

The break would be lower than that.  I can't remember whether 32 bit
FreeBSD uses a 2G/2G or 3G/1G user/kernel memory split, but you
definitely can't have 4G in a single user process (PAE only extends
physical addressing, not virtual addressing used for processes).

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>