[j-nsp] separate syslog file in logical-systems

Chen Jiang ilovebgp4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:12:15 EST 2016

Hi! Experts

Sorry for disturbing, I want to separate loical-systems syslog file from
main system, and I have done below configuration per online JUNOS documents:

james at mx80# show logical-systems r1 system syslog
file r1-messages {
    any any;
}
file cli {
    interactive-commands any;
}

>From BSD shell I have done below test to verify it works:

james at mx80# run start shell
% logger -e "firewall_crit" -p firewall.crit -l r1 TEST
% cli
james at mx80# run file show /var/log/r1/r1-messages
Mar  7 10:55:22  mx80 logger: %-: firewall_crit: TEST

But when there are real system events (ospf neighbours/interface down for
example), there is no related syslog events generated in r1-messages files.

Could you pls help to shed some light on this? Thanks for your help!

--
BR!

           James Chen