[j-nsp] Snapshot from shell?

Niall Donaghy Niall.Donaghy at geant.org
Thu Mar 24 01:14:25 EDT 2016

Hi Chip,

On MX960 there is /sbin/snapshot.
On SRX240 there is /sbin/snapshot, and snapshot-dual-root.

# Test run on MX960
@mx1.cbg.uk.re0> start shell
% su
Password:
root at mx1% which snapshot
/sbin/snapshot
root at mx1% snapshot
Doing the initial labeling...
Verifying compatibility of destination media partitions...
Running newfs (3GB) on disk1 media  / partition (ad1s1a)...
Running newfs (383MB) on disk1 media  /config partition (ad1s1e)...
Copying / from compact-flash to disk1 (ad1s1a).. (this may take a few
minutes)
<snip>

Depending on your device the following will work as intended/expected:

snapshot
snapshot media usb
snapshot media internal
snapshot media compact-flash