[j-nsp] Core network design for an ISP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Mar 27 06:30:32 EDT 2016

On 27 March 2016 at 13:24, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>> Interesting, but I have make the opposite, aka mixed edge and core
>> link on MPC. The idea was to provide redundancy in case of one MPC
>> failure.
>
> This is what we do.
>
> I can't tell you how many times it has saved us when MPC's die randomly.

I hope I was clear enough that this is absolutely more important that
edge/core separation. But if you organically have enough MPCs and
ports, that you don't need to invest on more cards, then you should
separate edge+core as well.
But of course if your density is low, you're not gonna buy 4 MPCs just
to have this, and that is fine.

--
  ++ytti