[j-nsp] EX4600 Vs QFX 5100 VS ACX 5048

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon May 2 09:18:54 EDT 2016

I have no problem believing that, no stopping progress. It's
inevitable that we'll see new higher capacity ASR9001 replacement and
new higher capacity MX104 replacement (as well as ALU SR, Huawei
CX/NE...).

What I have hard time believing is that we're in special moment in
history, with as small/dense boxes at this price point as possible.

On 2 May 2016 at 06:08, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:
> So that would replace what, their currently MX5 through MX240 line of
> products? Why would Juniper do that when they already have products that
> meet those specifications? Don't get me wrong I would love to see the same
> box, but I just have a hard time believing big J and C are going to make a
> small dense box like we all want at a competitive price point. They might
> be forced to with Arista's new offerings however.
>
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Harald F. Karlsen <elfkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30.04.2016 11:49, Mark Tinka wrote:
>>
>>> When the vendors figure out how to deliver cheap 10Gbps ports on custom
>>> chips in a 1U chassis, I'll be the first one to buy.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> I'd love to see a 1U (or 2U 300mm deep) TRIO-based metro device with >20
>> 1/10G interfaces (with proper buffers and QoS) and 2-4 40/100G interfaces.
>> Preferably with a decent control-plane as well (Intel Atom or Xeon) and at
>> a competitive price.
>>
>> --
>> Harald

  ++ytti