[j-nsp] BFD/IS-IS wait to re-establish adjacency after failure tweak knob?

Duane Grant duaneogrant at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:51:37 EDT 2016

in every OS I've used, you need a registering protocol to get bfd to start,
and if you start shutting them down (or remove peer reachability), bfd will
admindown itself, which causes interesting consequences.

if you want bfd to watch a physical link, have it monitor a static route,
but you'll also need something on the other side responding to it, so its
two statics...

OAM is likely a better solution for what you're looking for...

--Duane