[j-nsp] BFD/IS-IS wait to re-establish adjacency after failure tweak knob?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri May 20 10:10:38 EDT 2016

On 20 May 2016 at 16:51, Duane Grant <duaneogrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> in every OS I've used, you need a registering protocol to get bfd to start,
> and if you start shutting them down (or remove peer reachability), bfd will
> admindown itself, which causes interesting consequences.

Sure, but this is implementation issue, there is no technical reason
it couldn't work as Adam described, and in many scenarios, perhaps
even in the the most common scenario, this is the cheapest and lowest
convergence way to do it.

Unlike OAM, due to traction BFD has it's implemented in many NPU/ASICs
directly, which means predictable performance.

--
  ++ytti